- For monitoring the temperature on the flame arrester element on the unprotected side (side of ignition source), mainly where a flow of flammable mixture is present for longer time.
- This could be e.g. in pipes to flares, ovens, fans, recuperation or thermal recovery units.
- In case of a temperature rise a stabilized burn situation could be present.
- Then the thermometer has to give a signal which must be used to start emergency safety reactions (e.g. inerting, stoppage of flow etc.).
- The tripping temperature as low as possible, according to PTB recommendation ≤ 80 ° C or 20 K above max. operating temperature.
- Additional protective measurements as per VdTÜV-guide line 967, §10.2.5 shall be installed.